Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was in marriage that was voided do to bigamy it was not…

I was in marriage...

I was in marriage that was voided do to bigamy it was not intential my prior marriage over lapsed by one week causing the following marriage to be voided. I recently had an annulment to fix the issue it was signed by both parties uncontested. Now suddenly she wants to void the annulment is that possible?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes Ithink the issue here is $$$ she wants to come after my pension

11/16/2017
Gerald-Esquire

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

How long ago was the annulment issued by the Court?

1 month ago

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

It is possible but very difficult to reverse an annulment that was agreed to by both parties. She has 30 days from the date the annulmnet was ordered by the Court to file an appeal. If she files the appeal within the 30 days then the Appeals Court can review the basis for the annulment. BUT the appeals Court authority is very limited. She will have to show that she was not competent to sign the agreement or that she was the victim of some sort of fraud in regard to signing the agreement.

If the 30 days has already past then the Court lacks jurisdiction to review the annulment.

So it is very likely that she will not be successful.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald-Esquire
Ok then I will just have to wait and see if this goes anywhere. Tsk
Thank you

You are very welcome. Good luck.

Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer