Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a restraining order against me and the lady who has…

Customer Question
I have a restraining...

I have a restraining order against me and the lady who has it broke it herself 4 times, do I have the legal right to take it back to court and get it removed? I

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No just tried to talk to her and got a call from the cops and have to go to court and pay a fine for talking to her but she's already talked to me so what rights do I have

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Montana

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/16/2017
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Do you have a restraining order (RO) against the lady?

.

Why is she contacting you? Are you involved romantically?

.

.

thanks

no she has one on me
no thanks to much for one answer

Don't worry about the phone call thing,, that comes from the website, not me..

I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website because I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible in writing.

.

However, if you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though..

So what is your relationship with this person?

.

Are you dating, or acquaintances, or family?

Ely, Counselor at Law