Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Need help attaching a current child support order into a…

Need help attaching a...

Need help attaching a current child support order into a divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Using completecase.com for an uncontested divorce they have all the paperwork ready...I just need to know what forms need to be removed and added

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

11/15/2017
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
I have
Experience with child support orders in Texas. I’m not quite sure what you are looking for in terms of support
The question is how do I need to incorporate a current child support order into a divorce decree. If you can't help me answer this question please refer me to a more experienced lawyer or refund my money because I'm not paying for an answer that does not get me anywhere. Thanks.

So there are two ways. 1. You can reference the child support order in the decree as an exhibit i.e. Exhibit A or you 2. can transpose the child support order obligations into the divorce decree and create a section regarding the child support obligations and when signed the judge would just reapprove the initial order. 3. You can stay silent on child support in the decree completely and the child support remains valid.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer