Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex-spouse severely handicapped my economic status by not…

Customer Question
My ex-spouse severely handicapped...

My ex-spouse severely handicapped my economic status by not paying bills and financially supporting the marriage. Can I sue for monetary damages?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. Don't know which type to speak with about the matter.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this; was a divorce decree already entered that divided all property/debt?