Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My current husband served me with emergency temporary

Customer Question
custody order I was a...
My current husband served me with emergency temporary custody order I was a stay at home mom for five years and he will not allow me visitation of my son i was his primary caregiver how can i stop this order
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: He is trying to get the records pulled to see what grounds he put in his affadavit but he seems to take his time on everything but i have already paid him
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Im just confused about what is going on
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Family Law
11/15/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 29 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

On an emergency temporary order, you are entitled to a hearing within a reasonable time of the order being issued. So your attorney should be filing for a hearing and all of the information that was used to obtain the order should be part of the public record in the clerk of court's office. You can go to the clerk of court's office and request a copy of the pleading yourself without paying the attorney to go do it for you or paying him to send it to you.

Your attorney should be pursuing an objection and motion to vacate the temporary order and you should be preparing the evidence to show that there is no danger to the child such that an order of this nature is warranted.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Can I ask my attorney for a refund if they have need really been on top of their duties by acting diligently

Thank you for your reply.

If your attorney has not properly represented you in this matter you can file a fee dispute and seek some type of refund for them not performing their job. However, if they are doing what they are supposed to do with this case you would not have any legal claim.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer