Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Is it possible to request, bar a doctor from treating my…

Customer Question
Is it possible to request...
Is it possible to request, bar a doctor from treating my child if CPS is temp managing conservator. The physician who testified against me and the physician who reported me to CPS have been treating my daughter. At appointments it is hostile, they don't like to answer my questions and basically ignore me. The current temp caregiver has made 4 appointments with these doctors because they agree with her and want my child. I feel like it's a conflict of interest and I don't feel like my child will receive adequate care for conditions another doctor diagnosed. It's as if me asking for a second opinion made me guilty just because the didn't like me question them about my daughter's care. In the state of texas.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Maybe get a restraining order? I already found out of a secret office visit that I wasn't notified occurred but they didn't enter it in the system.
11/15/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 5 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If CPS is temporary managing conservator, I am afraid that you do not have legal standing to make that kind of request with the Court because CPS is in charge of making decisions for the child. However, you can file Motion with the Court to remove CPS as temporary managing conservator and at the time same ask the Court to evaluate the kind of care CPS is allowing your child to receive.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law