Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husband took his affair to our trial yesterday to be his

Customer Question
witness. He introduced her as...
My husband took his affair to our trial yesterday to be his witness. He introduced her as his official fiancé . Is there are rule to protect me against this? I'm in shock!
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: New jersey
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: My lawyer left my case after 2 years because I can't pay her anymore.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Family Law
11/14/2017
Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 29 days ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened. The judge does have the ability to ban specific people from the courtroom if their presence causes a disruption to the proceedings. You could file a Motion to Ban [Name] (Or you could call her Husband's Affair or similar). Explain to the judge how her presence causes a problem, and he has the ability to exclude her. There's no reason that she needs to be there, unless you were trying to prove adultery. And even if you were, he proved it for you yesterday. There wouldn't be any reason for her to come back. So the judge could allow it. Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.
Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 27 days ago

Do you have any questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer