Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband took his affair to our trial yesterday to be his…

Customer Question
My husband took his...

My husband took his affair to our trial yesterday to be his witness. He introduced her as his official fiancé . Is there are rule to protect me against this? I'm in shock!

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

New jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

My lawyer left my case after 2 years because I can't pay her anymore.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/14/2017
Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened. The judge does have the ability to ban specific people from the courtroom if their presence causes a disruption to the proceedings. You could file a Motion to Ban [Name] (Or you could call her Husband's Affair or similar). Explain to the judge how her presence causes a problem, and he has the ability to exclude her. There's no reason that she needs to be there, unless you were trying to prove adultery. And even if you were, he proved it for you yesterday. There wouldn't be any reason for her to come back. So the judge could allow it. Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this?