Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

Ely, Counselor at Law

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
Can a child be given the father's last name without actually
Jessica B
Jessica B, Juris Doctor
Can a child be given the father's last name without actually having the father on the birth certificate? And does this give the father any legal rights to the child? … read more
My daughter is having a baby with her boyfriend and is
Jessica B
Jessica B, Juris Doctor
My daughter is having a baby with her boyfriend and is keeping her last name, her boyfriend is ok with that but his mother is pushing to get an attorney to have the same last name...what is our legal … read more
In the state of Florida does the unmarried mother have the
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
In the state of Florida does the unmarried mother have the right to give her child her last name even though the paternity of the father is proven and he wants the baby to have his last name… read more
Ok, my boyfriend and I are the legal parents of our 4 year
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
Ok, my boyfriend and I are the legal parents of our 4 year old child. We are not married and never have been but we both agree to change the last name of our daughter to his last name because we are p… read more
, I am Juliana Shehu . On 15 march 2007 I gave birth do
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
Hi , I am Juliana Shehu . On 15 march 2007 I gave birth do my daughter at Lakewood hospital county of Cuyahoga Ohio . At that and now I am a single mother , but my father daughter want now to gave her… read more
My son has a 2 1/2 year old daughter whom he hasnt seen for
Barrister, Lawyer
My son has a 2 1/2 year old daughter whom he hasn't seen for over a year. He and the mother never married or even lived together. They were both 18 when the child was born. My son didn't sign the birt… read more
I currently live in North Carolina. My girlfriend and I have
xavierjd
xavierjd, Juris Doctor
I currently live in North Carolina. My girlfriend and I have seperated, we have a child that is 2 years old. My name is XXXXX XXXXX the birth certificate. I was allowed visitation up to about a month … read more
My sons father and I signed joint custody paper about 6
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
My son's father and I signed joint custody paper about 6 months ago. In these papers, we agreed to give our son his fathers last name. The papers have been signed by a judge already. I just don't know… read more
What rights does an unwed father have in Nebraska? Baby (due
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
What right's does an unwed father have in Nebraska? Baby (due in May) Mama is somewhat cooperative but want to protect paternal rights.… read more
if you are married and my husband is on the birth certificate
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
if you are married and my husband is on the birth certificate and said he is the father can someone contest that through the courts… read more
state of florida ....my unmarried daughter is 16 just got
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
state of florida ....my unmarried daughter is 16 just got out of csetion surgery 6 hrs later the signing of the birth certifucate was taken place with the room full of visitors of the boyfriend. it wa… read more
We are looking to adopt a baby boy in FL. To save a considerable
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
We are looking to adopt a baby boy in FL. To save a considerable amount of money, the mother of the baby is going to put my name on the birth certificate and give up legal rights to the baby. After th… read more
I have a daughter born in New York, she has my name on the
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
I have a daughter born in New York, she has my name on the birth certificate but my name is XXXXX XXXXX it. Her mother wants to change her last name and I want my name on the birth certificate. My que… read more
when a child is born out of wedlock in NC, is the mother the
Amber E.
Amber E., Lawyer
when a child is born out of wedlock in NC, is the mother the automatic custodian of the child? The child does not carry either the father or mothers surname.… read more
My daugter is pregnant an unmarried, she lives in the state
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
My daugter is pregnant an unmarried, she lives in the state of PA, she is in an unstable relationship and the issue of what name to give the baby is adding stress to her and the pregnancy. What are th… read more
My son is 28 yrs old. I had his birth certificate amended about
Marcus Parker
Marcus Parker, Doctoral Degree
My son is 28 yrs old. I had his birth certificate amended about 23 yrs ago to show my husband now ex as his father. He was not the father. My son has never used his name. He is and has always used his… read more
My ex-wife, mother of my now 18 year old son, is now ...
Anthony
Anthony, Attorney at Law
My ex-wife, mother of my now 18 year old son, is now claiming that her second child she conceived while we were married as a result of an affair, is mine and that I am listed as the father on the chil… read more
My 16 year old daughter is pregnant and she is being ...
Leslie D.
Leslie D., Attorney
My 16 year old daughter is pregnant and she is being pressured to give the baby his father''s last name. Would this give more paternal rights to the father and his family? Do I have the right to refus… read more