Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I WAS LOOKING FOR ADVICE FOR MY GRANDDAUGHTER WHO IS

Customer Question
I WAS LOOKING FOR...

I WAS LOOKING FOR ADVICE FOR MY GRANDDAUGHTER WHO IS SEPARATED FROM HER SOON TO BE EX HUSBAND

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

SHE HAS VERY LITTLE MONEY, AND THE LAWYER SHE CALLED WANTED A HUGE AMOUNT UP FRONT..SHE NEEDS TO GET BEFORE A JUDGE AND HAS BEEN TRYING FOR MONTHS NOW THRU FAMILY SERVICES I BELIEVE..HER HUSBAND WITHHOLDS MONEY, WILL NOT HELP HER AND HURTS HER IN EVERY WAY THAT HE CAN..SHE HAS AN AUTISTIC SON AND A 2-1/2 YR OLD..

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

WELL, SHE IS ABOUT TO LOSE HER HOME, SHE HAS SOLD EVERYTHING THAT SHE CAN, HER EX MADE HER SIGN OFF ON ANY ALIMONY, SAYING HE WOULD MAKE HER SELL THE HOUSE IF SHE DIDNT

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/14/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.