Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I live in Texas, My Daughters mother lives in Kentucky. I…

Customer Question
I live in Texas, My...
I live in Texas, My Daughters mother lives in Kentucky. I get my daughter a month at time sometimes longer. Her mother has her on medicade there in kentucky. Because im not on the birth certificate i can not add her to my Insurance. Can she be covered by two diffrerent states with the medicade ?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/14/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Medicaid policies can only be taken out one at a time for each individual. A pending application can be submitted while a recipient is covered in one state, to ensure the second replacement policy is in place when the recipient arrives in the second state.
This explains custodial issues for medicaid
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.medicaid.gov/state-resource-center/mac-learning-collaboratives/downloads/part-1-household.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiF_KProb7XAhXKy4MKHaPoBVEQFggyMAU&usg=AOvVaw2mtd8FIu5lwv-uKhxzTnzG

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer