Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How much does it cost? Will I know the price in advance?

Customer Question
Is this a free...

Is this a free service?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyers require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

How much does it cost?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Will I know the price in advance?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet. No on my behalf.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't have any relatives in this country, I only rely on myself.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
Getting Divorced, she is on her third extra marital adventure, she wants to take my 5 and 4 year old boys near the new guy and I don't trust her any more. I also don't trust her Step Father (because he molested her when she was a teenager) or her mother (because she didn't do anything about it), they keep supporting her financially to accomplish her goal of having full custody, I am undocumented and I don't have any relatives or other support here.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/14/2017
Family Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Are you a US Citizen?

I am not.
I am undocumented.

Okay. I believe there may be another expert that knows more about the rights of undocumented individuals than I do. I will opt out of this question. Another expert who believes they can help you may respond to this question. No need for you to reply now. Another expert, if they can help you, will respond. Best regards.

Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor left.

So as you are undocumented, what is your actual question, since you could eventually force deportation or the court could actually notify ICE regarding your status?

Can custody be granted to me since she cares more about her new relationship than figuring out a parenting agreement that I have proposed to work on. I actually have her a copy of it and let her edit it on Google Drive Docs?

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, custody could be granted to you, but you would also need consent to remove the children from the country, because if you are processed by ICE, the court will have an issue because you would need to take the children with you if you are deported

So you would need to cover what would happen in the event you had to leave the US in your agreement. You can send her your proposed copy with your edits and if the two of you can agree to the terms and provide for the children in the event you must leave the US, the courts will agree to it.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.