Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What is necessary for a parent to obtain sole custody of a

child who is receiving financial...
What is necessary for a parent to obtain sole custody of a child who is receiving financial support from Social Security?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Wife has left the home and is living separately from the family. She at present is receiving our child's benefits. I desire to be established as the sole provider for my children.
11/14/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Does the other parent object to what you propose?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Most likely as she wishes to maintain control.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
We are going to have to knock it out on the keys as I do not wish to pay $59.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
You have not ask for my password ***** apparently I am not going to get an answer to my question.
Court will grant sole custody on motion. It will do so where the other parent is not able or willing to share custody. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. court considers what is in best interest of the child and prolonged absence and failure to care help your narrative.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I guess it was $5 bucks worth. Acceptable.
Very welcome. Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer