Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I haven't had a ob in 7 yrs because I've been a stay at home…

Customer Question
I haven't had a...

I haven't had a ob in 7 yrs because I've been a stay at home mom and a house wife. Now I have a job where I make a little over $8/hr. I've been driving my husband's truck to get the kids to and from school and now to get to my job.I'm planning on moving out and was wondering will I be able to keep the truck so I can get around.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Ga it's a 2007 Nissan Frontier

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, but I have a feeling that he will say it's stolen when I leave and that is my only transportation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of right now.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 5 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: Your husband won't get very far if he tries to argue that his wife "stole" his car. In any case, when you do file for divorce you will list the car with all of your family assets. It's NOT his car - it's a family car. I hope that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

I will be logging out now but I shall be back online in the morning, in case you need anything. If you have all the information you need, just let me know - and if you need additional information just let me know that too!

Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 4 months ago

Hi. I wanted to check in to see if you had all the information you needed.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney