Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My 80 year old sister and her husband are getting

Customer Question
My 80 year old...

My 80 year old sister and her husband are getting threatening letters from their son (58) and they are nervous right now. I am 68, and my name has been included. What recourse do we have to keep this maniac away from us? Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing in the courts...a police report when we had to get him out of their house.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Oh my....there is a divorce, two small children. thank you,

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/13/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You can file a restraining order. You can have a lawyer send a no contact letter. You can ask the police to visit this person and warn him to stay away. You can also sue. 4 options to choose from. Kindly let me know if clear and acceptable.

Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”