Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife was recently released from a mental health facility.

Customer Question
My wife was recently...

My wife was recently released from a mental health facility. She blames me for being in there. this has made her extremely angry with me, so she took the kids and went to her mothers. her family isolating he ,rand the kids from me using this as an opportunity to manipulate her and they're trying to make her leave ou marriage. We live in Mississippi. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in MS family court?

CPS has an open case because she went in for having thoughts of killing the kids, herself, and me. she was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, Anxiety, Postpartum Depression, and Depression. They no longer feel she is a threat to any of us, nor do I, and she has begun out patient counsiling. Beyond that I'm in the dark. she won't answer the phone and when she and her mother came to get a few of the kids toys, she took all of the long form copies of the marriage licenses while her mother distracted me outside. I haven't been allowed , by them, to speak to my children in five days. Idon't know what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No. They are the kind that will wait until they feel they have complete control.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Her sister is the main manipulator. her mother isn't near as bad. the sister has been trying to break up our marriage for three years. when my wife got admitted, she let it be known that I just gave her the smoking gun she needed. my wife feels that I betrayed her because I'm the one that took her to the E.R. the day she was admitted, and her sister is pounding that to push her agenda. I don't wish to divorce my wife. I just want to know what I can do to put an end to this. her family has been in constant communication with her therapist and the cps worker. I was able to find out that cps is going to be closing their file on it by Dec. 2nd.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/13/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this and hope that your wife is doing better.

Is your legal question whether a spouse can force a divorce, or if mutual consent is required?

Ely, Counselor at Law