Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son is married, about 10 months now. His new wife got…

Customer Question
My son is married...

My son is married, about 10 months now. His new wife got pregnant almost immediately after marriage. She moved from Seattle, Washington to Califonia where her new husband lives, and his two child from a relationship before his wife. She uprooted gladly to follow her new husband . She started to hated Calfornia and said she would never have her child in in the state of California where she lives with her husband . She up and left while he was at work headed back to Washington and informed her husband while on the road. Because she was so far long in her pregnancy she had the baby the next day, but not in California . The husband was not able to be there for the birth of his first son. She says she is not coming back to California if he wants to see his new son he has to leave his two daughters and move to Washington with her and he new baby. He does not have custody of his daughters. Does he have any rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in WA family court?

No she just had the baby today and left the California on the 11/10/17

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has just started a new job and can't leave the state. He has prior child support and visitations arrangements with his daughters.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/12/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 5 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your son's difficulties.

Yes, of course he has rights. He has custody and visitation rights. Unfortunately, since the child was born in Washington State, all proceedings regarding custody and visitation would be held in Washington State. For more information on parenting plan, click here.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law