Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How much can a guardian be paid for services?

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/11/2017
Family Lawyer: jb156200, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
jb156200
jb156200, Lawyer

A reasonable amount ranges between $40 to $70 an hour depending on the level of care that must be provided. You must keep a log of your hours and the tasks you completed. Then the log is submitted to the court for approval. The level of care determines what is reasonable. If the individual cannot dress themselves, bathe, change clothes, etc., then that warrants a higher rate.

If you must administer medicines, or feeding tubes, or anything requiring advanced medical care, that would warrant a higher hourly rate.

Please let me know if you have an additional question and if not please rate my service. Thank you!

I have not heard back from you. Was this information helpful? Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you!

jb156200
jb156200
jb156200, Lawyer