Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Exparte order handed to me in-laws refuses to give me my 4…

Customer Question
Exparte order handed to me...
Exparte order handed to me in-laws refuses to give me my 4 yr old autistic son pm my sxhwdulwd day when I arrived to pick him up shut door in my face handed me exparte not stamped or signed by judge. Ex accusing me of being on drugs being homeless unemployed and can't feed my son. It's completely obcerd. Currently I have dv restraining order against him and we have joint custody with a visitation schedule. So, do I need to respond? If this paperwork is not stamped signed no court date listed. I'm in ca, contra Costa county.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Thank you

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.You need to check with the court on Monday to see if this is legitimate.If it isn't contact the police here to enforce the prior orders.You will need a copy of those.You may need to consider your own lawyer here to assert your rights in all of this and seek to end the stalemate.The TRO does not appea valid.You can try the police here to see if they will help you obtain the child.Otherwise if there is a TRO then you can respond to the TRO and attend hearing on this matter.And a lawyer may be needed here, sounds like they are trying take away your rights here.

You decide whether to try the police now or when you figure all of this out on Monday,A blank TRO here is not effective as it was presented to you.It is unsigned and no hearing date, see if the police will get you the child for your visit.

I appreciate the chance to help you, prayers to you here.Again sorry you are having to deal with this.

If you can positive rate5 stars here it is much appreciated,

I took the police yesterday and got my son back. Per current order. Nothing appears to be filed. I looked online to see of he filed anything yesterday but it's dv case and it says no records found for this case. He's doing this because he's angry didn't want break up now he wants to just push me out of the way. I don't have money for attorney. What do i do

Well wait and see if they pursue this, at this point its not valid and nothing restrains you from visiting.

go to court Monday and see if it's filed?

Yes see if they even filed it, they haven't served you but you want to see whats on the table and you can argue your side here if necessary.

Ok. And when I look online to see records or see if he filed it has no record of our dv case # ***** We habe current orders in place as of 5/24/17. Custody visitation and I have restraining order against ex f0r 2 years

They have to serve you, the online information here isn't always accurate so you may want to check the file when you go, clerk will have it.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer