Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If I find out that my ex husband is the biological father of…

Customer Question
If I find out that...
If I find out that my ex husband is the biological father of my child and i'm married to someone who thinks he is the father. If the biological father and i remarry, can the non biological father fight for custody?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/11/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

He can fight for custody. However, if he is not father-- if the biological father has come forward and you have done DNA test to confirm that the other man is the father, then he would not be successful in his custody case.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation