Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What happens if a mother does not show up for a paternity…

Customer Question
What happens if a...

What happens if a mother does not show up for a paternity hearing

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

WI

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes I have before the paternity hearing though

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Mother moved out of state before custody was established

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/11/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
The matter may be rescheduled.
Otherwise the non appearing party would lose. Court could reconsider at later date on new motion.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
What if the mother moves out of state before custody is established?
Will normally be dismissed.
Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”