Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son and his daughter's mother is going thru a custody…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My son...

Second opinion] My son and his daughter's mother is going thru a custody battle. I believe that neither should be given custody at this time. At the first hearing the Judge gave custody to the mother and my son has supervised visitation. I was wondering if I go to the next hearing if I and my husband can speck. we are not in favor of either having custody. He has some anger issues and violent reactions, And he doesn't even care for custody but he does not want the mother to have custody because she is an alcoholic. She does

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

She was kick off of welfare because she would not do what they asked of her and that was to go to school and get a GED, get into a work program or even look for a job. She also likes to drink heavily ( a 5th of whiskey on weekends.) Can't say about other days. She also is not working and hasn't worked in several years. If it wasn't for me and my husband the baby would go without. We buy the diapers, clothing and anything else she may need. And all she eats at home is chicken nuggets. This is not speculation but facts. My question is can I speck at the hearing. Or what do I need to do to be able to speck with the Judge. We are in Washington state

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No can not afford one and can not get help with legal aide. Make just enough to be over the help line.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
Family Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good evening,

I have to agree with the previous attorney's answer. As you are not a party to the action, it is not likely that a court would hear from you. As you have concerns for the child, you could file a motion for temporary custody, however.

Was there anything I could clarify for you, or additional information you needed about this matter? If so, please REPLY WITHOUT RATING FIRST, and I'll be happy to help further. Otherwise, if I have fully answered your question, please leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. This is the only way experts like myself are compensated by the site for our time and assistance. Thank you.