Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I want to adopt my adult step daughter. Missouri

Customer Question
I want to adopt...

I want to adopt my adult step daughter

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/10/2017
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 8 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, welcome to the site. I’m here to help you today. I am a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I’d like to review your question and perhaps do some research for a few minutes, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Not every jurisdiction has user friendly on line forms. Would you want to send me your city and county in Missouri?

In the meantime, you can find some assistance at this MO Attorney General adoption site and by contacting the State Attorney General at 1-***-***-**** (this is the AG's Consumer Protection number, but the site gives it as a contact number).

This site can link you to a pdf document "Welcome Home" that seems to have a lot of good information in it. It is general, but should address step-parent adoptions of adult children.

I'm going to do a little more research to see if I can find forms on the State site specific to your situation.

Sue

This is another government website you can trust to provide information without charge.

(If you conduct a search for MO adult adoptions, be aware a number of these sites charge fees for what you can probably do yourself for free.)

At the bottom of the page I linked, above, you'll find a place where you can enter your city & zip code or county/court to access your jurisdiction's website.

And/or, if you do decide to send me your city and county, I'm happy to look for adult step-parent adoption forms for you.

Sue

Have I provided the assistance you sought?

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Sue