Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Its about a trial base on giveing my doggy she was to have…

Customer Question
Its about a trial...

Its about a trial base on giveing my doggy she was to have him one week to see if it worked out for her & also to see if i could let him go week is up & she wont let me even see him i want him back can you help?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

IND>

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Cant find one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its got out of hand its down to she said i said i have AKC papers i am the owner

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/10/2017
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Who is "she"?

.

Whose dog is it? Was it purchased together or did one of you buy it?

.

Whose name is ***** ***** vet records as the owner?

.

.

thanks

Friend. Mine. And mine

Ok, then if she refuses to return the dog, your recourse is to file a small claims court action for "conversion", which is the wrongful keeping of the property of another, and "replevin", which is its return..

.

With your proof of ownership, the judge should order her to return the dog to you immediately.

.

.

thanks