Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If you are going through a divorce and it has not been

Customer Question
If you are going...

If you are going through a divorce and it has not been finalized, can the other parent take the child out of state without telling you?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes, there were papers drafted and we have been to court three times, but she still has not signed the papers. I work on a barge and left the 29th of November and just got word yesterday that she moved to florida.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No not yet, he just found out and is not to where he can get service to call and talk to his lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NO, I don't think so.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/10/2017
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Has any formal custody/visitation schedule been put in place by the judge?

.

Does the initial divorce order from the judge state that neither party can permanently move out of state with the children?

.

.

thanks

Ely, Counselor at Law