Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am filing for a divorce with complete case.com and I need…

Customer Question
I am filing for...

I am filing for a divorce with complete case.com and I need to make sure I have the right forms to request half of my husbands 401k? I added onto the paperwork I have that is splitting property, but I am not sure if the judge is going to accept it. Can you help me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, I have just filled out the necessary paperwork to get started.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was also wondering what is the time length on receiving spousal maintenance. We have been married 30 years and he has been the bread winner the majority of the time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/10/2017
Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. What is the name of the form you're looking at?
I am not sure. All I did was enter the information after every question. There was not a specific form that ask for 401k information.

Is there a place that allows you to list other assets? That's where it would go if the form doesn't ask for retirement accounts.

Is this service reputable? I just received a fraud alert from my bank and we are on the phone now. Why was I charged 42.00? The first person I was conversing with said the charge would be 5.00.