Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Im trying to help my fiance locate his birth certificate he…

Customer Question
Im trying to help...

Im trying to help my fiance locate his birth certificate he has never owned mayne you can help?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Were in indiana he was born in tallulah louisianna

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No mam can not afford one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

His mother threw him away in a trash bag in the mississipi river . hes 38 and had never had a birth certificate nor can anyone locate it. Maybe washed away by hurricane katrina

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/10/2017
Family Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 8 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.​

Family Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 8 months ago

The first place that I would look for a birth certificate is the Madison Parish, Clerk of Court. The office may be contacted at:

100 North Cedar Street
Post Office Box 1710
Tallulah, LA 71282

Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm

phone:(###) ###-####br />fax:(###) ###-####**@******.***

Or, if that doesn’t work, try this website:

http://www.vitalrecordsus.com/louisiana-vital-records.html

Finally, you can check the birth records at local hospitals in Tallulah. Here is one site to do that:

http://www.publicrecordsdir.com/birth-records/Tallulah-LA/archives.html

I hope this helps.

Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.​​