Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

There was a psychological evaluation completed by an

Customer Question
individual the opposing counsel and...
There was a psychological evaluation completed by an individual the opposing counsel and my ex hired- full of LIES and severe bullshit. It's a custody evaluation.The entire thing lacks any cohesive academic writing, it is literally a giant piece of slander.I'm a pro se litigant with no attorney, if the Judge looks at this she is going to be confused and have a poor opinion of me. They hid so much information away from her ON PURPOSE and put it a bunch of lies and bullshit to try to make me seem rude and aggressive.What can I do?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/7/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. One of the things that you can do in this case is to keep in mind that the judge is only going to provide the right amount of weight to this evaluation. OH judges are bound to act in the best interests of the child. This means that even if they see information from a custody evaluatoin, when they are making their decision on custody, they must look at it in the light as to what is in the best interests of the child. You may have a hearing to help prove your case, but since I don't know where you're at in the process, I couldn't tell you for sure. My recommendation to you, instead of pointing just the inaccuracies, help support your position by explaining why you are going to be the best to help provide for the health, welfare, and education of the child. This means that you should evaluation your ability to provide decent healthcare, how much time you can give to the child, and whether you will be able to properly have the child education as well. Thus, although the psych eval may hold some weight, it won't hold so much weight if you can prove to the judge that your interests are aligned with the standards set up by OH law.

What other questions did you have for me?

I understand but my ex said preposterous and untrue things like stating that I bruised our childs head when this never happened! He also said his head is flat due to my neglect when medical documents indicate otherwise!!!
This is serious stuff. You probably understand my concern a little better now.

I can understand. Trying to argue against those things is tough, but remember that just because he said it, you can't assume that the judge is going to simply believe it as truth. Keep in mind that a judge may ask your ex to explain his basis for believing this. If he is not credible, then it won't matter if it is in a report. What really matters is whether or not any of it is even remotely true.

What other questions did you have for me today?