Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have just received temporary full custody of my son and I…

I have just received...

I have just received temporary full custody of my son and I am now holding the shelter agreement from the courts. It is my intention that I obtain full custody of my son or at the very least be the primary care giver. I do not want the parent agreement that is in effect to be what it goes back to. The mother of my son, is not a bad mom, she just makes bad choices with the men she brings around my son and has since had Department of Children and Family remove both children. The youngest child is one years old and I am not the father of this child. I would like to file a petition with the courts giving me full custody at this time before the trial in March. Basically what are my chances in receiving full custody now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Palm Beach Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

In the past I have and they said it would be a tough case. Which I had a hard time believing since she has had DCF in the home six times. It was the last incident that finally did it. I do feel I have a strong case as she is unfit and it will be all stated in my testimony in court regarding the DCF case. I would like to take action now, since the judge did award me with the shelter agreement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, she is addicted to Klonopin and is still refusing to take responsibility of this situation as she is demanding I go to court and tell them she can see my son or at the very least unsupervised visits without a case worker present. She just does not get it.

11/2/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You know DCF is one of the most negligent and incompetent bunch of social workers you will ever deal with. If the mother is as you say, then you have good cause to prove that the mother is unfit, which is grounds for the court to remove physical custody from her. Do not rely on DCF, as I said they are incompetent and negligent and will just seek to carry out their own personal bias. So you have grounds to prove her unfit and pursue this in court against her and there is a better than just average chance the court would give you physical custody and would also give supervised visitations until she cleans her act up and proves that to the court.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer