Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My question pertains to family law. After filing with the…

Customer Question
Hello. my question pertains...

Hello. my question pertains to family law. After filing with the state and receiving child support , father ask us to move in . what is the statue of time frame or does he go back to stop child support? next what happens or is there any kinda of "sneaky" filing he could do to gain custady?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No . starting here before spending any savings.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/1/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Child support can be terminated when the parents of the child reside together. The obligor (the parent obligated to pay) may petition the court for a termination/modification of child support based on changed circumstances. Since child support is determined by parenting time, cohabitation generally alleviates the need for the support; also the obligor would argue that he is providing housing etc, which is what child support is intended for.

The court may make any such modification retroactive to the date the party filed the request.

A modification of child custody requires a change in circumstance; so if the parents live together and then separate, that would be a changed circumstance that would allow the court to reconsider the child custody issue.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer