Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Could a company be sued for back child support if they

Customer Question
knowingly hide earnings of one...
Could a company be sued for back child support if they knowingly hide earnings of one of their employees
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My ex husband passed away one month ago owing over $174000.00 in back child support
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
10/25/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You could sue the employer here if they failed to with hold child support , say there was garnishment order to withhold it monthly and they failed to do so.

Also know here you can file a creditor claim against the ex's estate here as well and you can receive survivors benefits from social security.These are payable to the children until age 18 and will help support them.

But you could file a civil suit against employer if they failed to honor the court's orders.I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated,

Lawyer here to sue employer

Nashville Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Website: http://lawyer-referral.nashvillebar.org/*****North, Suite 1050
Nashville, TN 37219
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

The Nashville Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service helps individuals and businesses find an attorney in the following seven counties in middle Tennessee: Davidson County, Sumner County, Rutherford County, Robertson County, Williamson County, Cheatham County, and Wilson County.

The LRS of the Nashville Bar Association has been recognized by the American Bar Association for meeting its standards for such services. According to its website, last year the Nashville Bar Association referred over 5,000 callers requesting referrals to local attorneys that participate in the service.

Knoxville Bar Association - Lawyer Referral and Information Services (LRIS)
Website: http://www.knoxbar.org/
P.O. Box 2027
Knoxville, TN###-##-####br />Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

The Knoxville Bar Association (KBA) manages a Lawyer Referral and Information Services (LRIS). The Lawyer Referral Service in Knoxville, TN, helps individuals and businesses find an attorney in the following four counties in east Tennessee: Knox County, Anderson County, Blount County, and Sevier County.

This non-profit community based public service was established in 1958. For generations, the KBA Lawyer Referral & Information Service (LRIS) has been providing referrals to local attorneys experienced in the needed subject matter. Last year alone, it made more than 3,000 referrals.

Chattanooga Lawyers Information Provider Service
Website: ttp://www.chattanoogalaw.org/clips/home*****br />The Pioneer Building, Suite 420
Chattanooga, TN 37402

The Chattanooga Lawyers Information Provider Service ("CLIPS") is a public service managed by the Chattanooga Bar Association. The main purpose of this non-profit public service is to help individuals and businesses find an attorney throughout Chattanooga and the surrounding areas.

Attorneys that participate in CLIPS service on panels based on their experience in different subject matter practice areas. Those subject matter practice areas include: criminal defense, personal injury, administrative boards of agency, immigration, family law, divorce, business law, worker's compensation, and more.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer