Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What is the standard review period for a Parenting Plan in…

What is the standard review...
What is the standard review period for a Parenting Plan in Arizona? Once a year? Once ever two years? Once every three years?Once a child is in a school they are seldom transferred unless both parents agree, right?
10/20/2017
jb156200
jb156200, Lawyer

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your issue. Please remember to rate my service at th end of this session. Thank you!

Once a parenting plan is in place it stays in place until a modification is entered into. The court does not do annual reviews of the plan once it is codified by the court.

Both parents must agree to the plan and the plan will dictate how to handle the child's school.

Thank you for the response.We agreed on the school, but my ex wants to review it periodically. To me that doesn't make sense. Therefore I can see the courts stating that once a kid is in the school system he stays at that school unless both parents agree to move him.On the Parenting Plan. In the documents it seems that there is a space to state how often the Parenting Plan is reviewed. I can see as the kid gets older the plan is reviewed. Just not sure what the standard period is for that.

There is no standard period for that. The parents may agree on a review time frame between each other. If one parent wants to change the children's school, both parents have to agree, or go to court and explain to the judge why changing schools is in the children's best interests.

Even if the parenting plan is reviewed annually, that review only among the parents. It would only go to court if there was a disagreement.

jb156200
jb156200, Lawyer
okay, thank you

No problem!

jb156200
jb156200
jb156200, Lawyer