Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I'm needing information about support when I worked for my

Customer Question
I'm needing information about support...
I'm needing information about support when I worked for my wife's business for 11 years of our 27 year marriage and she kicked my out of our house and ask for a. Divorce
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have a lot of property and stocks
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
10/20/2017
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

1. Has anyone actually filed for divorce yet?

.

2. What do you mean she kicked you out of the house?

.

3. Did she call the police and get a restraining order against you for something?

.

4. What is your legal question I can help with tonight?

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She had my sone call and tell me she put all my clothes in my man cave and she wanted me to leave she had more see me and she wanted to divorce so I left and that's all I can tell you she put all my stuff in my man cave and when I went to get some stuff because I need clothes some friend of hers was there threatening me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As I said I work for our nonprofit 501(c)(3) radio station for 11 years with a married 27 years I'm entitled to some type of support from so I can live

Ok, without a legal order from a court, she can't "throw you out" of the marital home... So you are free to return. If she wants you out, she would have to file for divorce and get a judge to grant her sole possession of the house.

.

Unless one of you has filed for divorce, you can't ask the court to award you temporary support from her..

.

So you can just return home regardless of what she says and if you think she may get violent, you can ask for a sheriff escort to go with you..

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't afford to call you I have very little money and no income
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I should file to separate and as for support at that time. She controls all the money

Did you see my answer above.. .you are free to return to your home if you choose to.

.

And yes, if you file a legal separation or divorce action, you can ask the judge to award you temporary support immediately until a formal final support award is entered at a later time as part of any property settlement.

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got can I file this from another county

You have to file it in the county where you are a legal resident..

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Lawyer