Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Me and my wife want this divorce so we can both move on with

Customer Question
our lifes! we been separated...
Me and my wife want this divorce so we can both move on with our lifes! we been separated for 3 years! Been in front of the judge 4 times already the hold is was retirement but I don't have a retirement. So how fast can this divorce be over with?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No but I will be going to see a lawyer that can answer all the question I have October 25 !0;30
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We don't have any property together or anything
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this is taking so long.

If you have no property together and you're both in agreement on the divorce, there's no reason it needs to take much longer. Do you have a written separation agreement? What did the judge say when you were last in front of him?

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer