Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been denied any contact or visitation with my son…

Customer Question
I have been denied...

I have been denied any contact or visitation with my son dispite court order. They don't even call him by his legal given name. They tell others and my son that I don't even try to see or contact him. I even send him things for holidays, birthdays and other reasons by mail and they refuse them or return them. I buy school supplies as well as other things and they are thrown away. can I file for emergency custody? This has been happening for almost 2 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Many times. no help. im broke from tring. they all say they cant do anything

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My son has been told so many lies. He does not deserve this. I dont believe in cutting a parent out of a childs life. A child needs both no matter what.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If there is a court order that they are not complying with, you cannot file for an emergency order, you have to file a motion for an order to show cause for contempt. You would need to present evidence in court of what has been going on and that they are not complying with the court orders. It is not an emergency order it is a motion for contempt.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.