Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am in Pro Se status and have been filing motions with the…

I am in Pro Se...
I am in Pro Se status and have been filing motions with the court. Opposing counsel just contacted me saying she has filed a notice of absence from this week and that I should not contact her anymore. I have an important motion to file that needs to happen asap. Does this mean I cannot file it while she is under this notice of absence? What kind of repercussions are there if I do? Is it a binding legal issue or a courtesy?
10/18/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Is the lawyer withdrawing from the action and has the court granted it? Until court removes the lawyer, you can file. If lawyer just taking a short vacation you can coordinate dates around the vacation. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
She is not withdrawing, just going on a short vacation. That sounds like exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you so much!
Rob S.
Very welcome.
Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer