Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Children where seeing therapist and i was participating

until false allegations that my...
Children where seeing therapist and i was participating until false allegations that my girlfriend hit my son and was voilent. Issue is that there has been a stipulation since 2015 and my girlfriend is not part of it. But therapist insisted on meeting with my girlfriend I told him no because she is not part of the stipulation and he also was very combative asking inappropriate questions on my intake and I was not going to subject my girlfriend to that. And the other party's objection I am sure they're going to bring this up should I have to explain why my wife should not be attending as ordered by the therapist or should I just simply state that no third party should be included in the stipulation
10/18/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I know all of that, which is why I said that the court has not compelled a third party nor can the opponent compel a third party. As I also told you before, it is in your best interest if she would voluntarily cooperate here, as it would make your case go much smoother. Every time I have suggested to you that cooperation would speed things up, even though you had arguments for not cooperating, and you have done so you found you cleared yet another hurdle. So, in this case as well, if you can convince her to voluntarily cooperate, even though she has good cause to argue against cooperation, it will certainly speed things up for your case.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

she was willing to go voluntary we had even talked about it. But then he stopped therapy based on a false allegations being brought up now. He asked me if I had molested my 8 year daughter or if my step son was a druggy and in addition he asked me to lift my shirt to assure I had no weapons because the other party stated I carried a fire arm. For those reasons I told him she would not attend but before that I had told him she would be gladd to but being pressured I disagree.

Thank you for your reply.

If you know all of these allegations are frivolous, the best way to prove it is through cooperation no matter how pissed off it makes you. This shoves the allegations right back in their faces. A person with nothing to hide gets mad at false claims against them, but also by cooperation shows they have nothing to hide.

True. My personal therapist disagrees with the children's therapist so well see how it goes

Thank you for your reply.

Again, cooperation is going to speed this along much faster than fighting this in court.

It was more me of not subjecting my wife to the conduct of the therapist

I understand, but you need to get this matter over and get your relationship back with your kids.

I will. My therapist is willing to do therapy as the children's therapist withdrew. And if so I am willing to let the kids decide when it's my parenting time whether they want to stay the whole time or just a full day

That is best at this point, as you realize.

Funny thing is last therapy session daughter stated she missed me and wanted me to make up the time. But when I filed she berated me.

That is good that your daughter is actually saying she wants to see you.

I had spoken to her and told them when I file I will let u guys come for my whole parenting time or just a Sunday from early am to 6pm and take u back. They agreed.

Their agreement will go a long way

But I filed and she berated me for filing . Again her mother telling my daughter or projecting her stress as usual

Just keep pursuing those rights, but cooperation makes it go much faster.

Sounds good. I will get the objection tomorrow from the court house. Because I feel since her attorney has metered postal I won't be getting my copy by Friday. Thanks might have a few questions tomorrow

I will be here.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer