Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How to get past due child support after children are 18 or…

Customer Question
How to get past...

How to get past due child support after children are 18 or pver

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/17/2017
Family Lawyer: JD 1992, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

While waiting for a response, please do not keep asking questions, such as "Are you there", etc. since that can erase whatever I am writing and also interrupts the thought process. I will be back with you as soon as I can do any research necessary, formulate a response, and type it in.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Just so that it's clear, there has been an order issued by a judge ordering that child support be paid, correct?

If so, have you ever been back to court to enforce that order?

How old are the children?