Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can I receive a legal separation agreement while my divorce…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Can I receive...
Second opinion] Can I receive a legal separation agreement while my divorce is pending? I am in Cal and my wife is in Utah. My cars are in Cal but insurance won't let me drop her with a legal separation agreement. She has a DUI and a history of drug abuse I don't want that liability while divorce is pendingJA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: She's in Utah and filed from there I'm in CaliforniaJA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: not about thisJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/17/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Are you asking if both of you can settle ?
Ely, Counselor at Law