Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My mom got a living trust, I am on a joint tenancy .my

Customer Question
My mom got a living...
My mom got a living trust , I am on a joint tenancy .my sibling who I disdain claims and insist property's sold goes to trust I receive no $ till mom dies. $ goes for health care
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/17/2017
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Loren, Lawyer
If you are an owner of the property, the sibling can not direct what is done with your share of the proceeds. They can only direct what happens with their own share. If you name is ***** ***** the title company will issue a check from closing escrow in your name. Simply instruct the title company to issue you your own check in the amount of your share.If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!