Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Situation: Relocation trial with review of parenting plan So…

Situation: Relocation trial with review...
Situation: Relocation trial with review of parenting plan
So a woman relocated to another state because she wasn't getting any alimony or child support from her ex husband. The mother and kids moved in with her brother. She was not allowed to leave the state and has been living in another state for a year now far away from the ex husband breaking the parenting plan.The ex husband was upset and has a relocation trial happening now against the mother and is trying to change the final parenting plan that was established 15 months ago even through he has no contact allowed with the kids.
The ex husband currently has 3 191 restrictions for child abuse (physical and repeated emotional)
Domestic violence
Abusive use of conflictHow can the final parenting plan be changed when the father currently has 191 restrictions?
10/17/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Anybody can file here, doesn't mean court would grant it here.He has unclean hands here hasn't paid support has child abuse charges, etc.If she will attend here and contest I cannot see any of this being granted.She may also get permission to relocate legally.She argues financial hardship.Its a valid argument.

She would prevail arguing best interests of the child here that kid stay with her where she is at and he needs to pay support, he is in contempt.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Is it possible for the ex husband to remove the 191 restrictions ?

I don't see it here. I see no merit at all in anything he has filed for.She just needs to show up and contest and not allow him to get default.She needs to respond in writing to anything he has filed.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer