Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If both parents have supervised visits and the grandparent…

If both parents have...

If both parents have supervised visits and the grandparent is awarded Permanent Managing Conservatorship

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Are they allowed to let the child live with one of the paents or is that a violation of the court order?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Texas

if both parents have supervised visits and the grandparent is awarded Permanent Managing Conservatorship
Are they allowed to let the child live with one of the paents or is that a violation of the court order
10/16/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

That would violate the court's orders here.You really need to go back and modify legal conservatorship.The court placed them with you and this is a change in circumstances.You are liable for the child if anything happens.I would not do this without transferring custody if you want the parent back in the picture.You could try having parent spend night here and if it works out go back to modify this legally.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here.Thanks for rating 5 stars.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
I'm one of the parents
The fathers mother has PMC and i recently found out that my son has been living with the father
They have moved several times throughout the years never telling me their address or where they were moving too and i recently found my son through social media
He was the one that told me he has been living with his dad for several years
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer