Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I need to establish guardianship of my mother who has

I need to establish...

I need to establish guardianship of my mother who has Alzheimer’s

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My brother also wants to file as guardian, but other brothers and sisters think he is unfit

10/15/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case.It would be a petition and normally court will grant to applicant family in general approval of.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Sibling may withdraw request on seeing the consensus in your favor and can avoid delay.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Thank you! Enjoy your Sunday
Kindly rate me five stars.
Infolawyer, Lawyer