Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Not for Ray, - In New York, how can I get over charged legal

Not for Ray,- In New...
Not for Ray,- In New York, how can I get over charged legal fees back?
- How many days do I have?
- In the agreement said, " must to dispute in written in 30 days or 60 days " do I have to follow that?
- How many days do I have to bring attorney to unethical misconduct?
- To where?
- what kind of lawyer is it? If I want lawyer to take care of this kind?
10/14/2017
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

You would immediately send a written dispute letter. Send the letter certified mail return receipt requested so you have proof of your demand. You can file a complaint against an Attorney today. I will provide the link for the Regulatory Agency that provides assistance with unethical misconduct of an Attorney. One moment please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need my question to be answered.
Please don't answer my question, you're wasting my time. Now It takes long time to get answer.Opt my question.
Thank you,

QUESTION: How many days do I have?

ANSWER: You would immediately send a written dispute letter.

QUESTIONS:

"- How many days do I have to bring attorney to unethical misconduct? You can file a complaint against an Attorney today.- To where?

https://www.nycourts.gov/attorneys/grievance/complaints.shtml

- what kind of lawyer is it? If I want lawyer to take care of this kind?" This is an Attorney Grievance Complaint.

Can you tell me which question was not answered? I also provided the same information in another question of yours and you opened a new question asking the exact same information that I provided to you which leads me to believe there is a communication error.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
It said, “;notify in writting “ is email okay?

Yes. I would also sent a copy of the letter certified mail return receipt requested in case you never need to prove you wrote the letter and provided the letter to them.

I would also send the letter by certified mail return receipt requested just in case you ever need proof in court. They can say they did not receive an email. An certified letter is very difficult to challenge.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration.
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Do I have to itemized each?
Or I just said, for example;- I am not responsible all unnecessary charges that I didn’t authorized to talk to other lawyers.
- All phone conversations with husband for no reasons.
- I don’t get representation from you as my lowyer who protect my welfare.
- All long emails that I asked you to not send to me because I don’t understand.
- I have asked you questions that you have not answered.
....etc.

You will want to itemize your objections.

Thank you for using JA!

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
You mean each item Date and charge?
Can you give me example;

Whatever you feel is unfair in the billing you would write down as the lawyer has it set out in their invoice.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Can you give me sample with date?

Sure attach the invoice that you are disputing

1. March 17, 2017 Telephone call with opposing counsel 45 minutes $200.00

2. April 1, 2017, Case research $400.00

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Just list like that? Do I have to write reason why?
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Attorneys ‘s fees .50 or .20 how you caricurate?

You have to reflect the actual amount on the bill/invoice you are disputing. I don't calculate them you write down the date, reason for the fee and the amount you are challenging.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I am asking how you caricurate?

I don't know what you mean.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Invoice only shows .30 or .50, not actually amount dollar.
How you caricurate amount of dollar?

However they show it on their invoice.

Just repeat what is on the invoice exactly as it appears. List the ones you contest in numerical order by date.

I can see that you have been a customer on the site before and we do appreciate your business. Thank you.

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Thank you.
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
I need to know .20 or .30 or .50 means how many minutes are they?
Can you give me website to see how to caricurate minutes.
Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney