Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

This is a colorado family law question. Is there any risk…

Customer Question
This is a colorado family...
This is a colorado family law question. Is there any risk associated with paying my wife out of the house prior to submitting documents to a court for a divorce decree?My wife needs the money; I offered to pay her out of the house so long as she signs a document that states she's been paid out of the house and will transfer the title within a month. This agreement would be shown to our mediator and incorporated into the documents that get submitted to the court.The mortgage is in my name only. She's just on the title.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/14/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 9 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

This is a colorado family law question. Is there any risk associated with paying my wife out of the house prior to submitting documents to a court for a divorce decree?

Response: There is none so long as you have your agreement in writing and evidence of the payment.

Best wishes,