Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Just wondering on who can report a restraining order

Customer Question
Just wondering on who...

Just wondering on who can report a restraining order violation. My sister has one on her ex-boyfriend due to physical abuse. Currently she is allowing him to violate the restraining order and has lost his temper at least once already.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? Have any charges been officially filed?

Florida, charges were filed and he received a 1 year no contact restraining order. He was allowed to be their for the birth of their son. He used that time to all my sister's emotions to allow him back into her life.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No was looking on the internet to see if as a concerned brother I could report the violation or if it had to come from my sister that had it issued

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/12/2017
Family Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good afternoon,

Anyone with knowledge of the violation can report it. That said, I don't know how seriously the police will look into it when the victim isn't concerned enough to report it and actually allowed the restrained party into the home --but you can contact the police to report the contact and violation of the Order.