Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

You speak spanis.. I have divorce mediation on tuesday and…

Customer Question
You speak spanis Lawyer's...

You speak spanis

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have divorce mediation on tuesday and my son mother is trying to givme head ache saiing the going to put child support and i have proove that i supoort my son i gave her 80 dolars every week and she want 100 and that i have to bye anything apart

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/6/2017
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you. What can I answer for you.

hi i have a 6 years son i suport him with 80 dolars every week but her mom givme head ache because she want 100 every wekk si got a part time and say she gonna put me child suport or more money we have divorce mediation

Ok, I understand. Here's my concern for you... you're paying the mom directly I assume? If so, she could go to court and say you never paid her... EVER. And then ask for child support going back years. She's essentially holding you hostage at the moment... you may be better off going through formal channels rather than paying her an arbitrary amount. But, if you go through formal channels you may need to pay more (if that's what the court decides). Does that make sense?

Ely, Counselor at Law