Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I just need to know what the exact percentage my son is with…

Customer Question
I just need...

I just need to know what the exact percentage my son is with me and with his father. I'm trying to find a website that will tell me without having to pay for it.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ready

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I can't afford one. So I have to figure this out on my own.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have a custody agreement in order but it has a lot of holes.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/6/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

CA does not have a free parenting time calculator online, but they do publish the percentages of time for parents to use to make the calculations, have you looked at those?

I've just added a calendar for October showing what our schedule is like.

Thank you for your reply.

Here is what CA makes available for a parent to use to calculate their parenting time percentages: http://www.scscourt.org/court_divisions/family/family_rules/family_appendices.shtml (copy and paste link to browser, do not click it).

You would need to use this guideline, which is the same for all the CA courts, to calculate your parenting time percentages if you do not want to pay for one of the online web services that make the calculations.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.