Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was curious to know if I was unwed at the time of birth…

Customer Question
I was curious to...

I was curious to know if I was unwed at the time of birth and I'm the only parent on the birth certificate how do I get something court ordered that says so that I can take out of state to show proof. I took my son to visit his father they put me out and refused to allow me to leave with him

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

Well there's been no court order yet we live in ga jurisdiction is here so by law I'm the only legit person . He state of Maryland where this happened doesn't carry the same laws and is asking for proof I am the sole legal guardian

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have not

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 10 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

This depends on what you wish to achieve here. What do you want to do? Get child support from the father? Get the father visitation? Does the father agree to pay child support or does he even want visitation? Please, be specific.