Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

We have a 21 year Old that was our Adopted Child when she…

Customer Question
We have a 21...

We have a 21 year Old that was our Adopted Child when she was 12, she is now 21 and wants Us to Re Adopt her as an Adult here in Tn. What do we need to do to get this done?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

TN

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/5/2017
Family Lawyer: Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Longhorn Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Why would she want to be readopted? For what purpose?

Because she has no family except Us. We also have raised her 2 Biological Brothers

Yes, but is it for estate planning purposes? Or just symbolic?

Was the adoption of the child a legal adoption or just symbolic?

Did she ever annul the adoption as an adult?

it was Legal Adoption, then we had to turn her back over to the State due to her Conditions. She was then Adopted by another couple. The Lady has passed and she has no contact with the Man. She has been in Jail and we have her 2 yr old Son in our Custody.

OK, now I understand. It is very important to provide all of the details about a situation in order to get an accurate and effective answer. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

In what county is this?

We live in Sevier however the original Adoptions took place in Sumner.

Hi there,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the long delay in responding to your question. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but it seems to have been resolved today. I hope you have not given up on me, and I thank you for your patience.

You mentioned her conditions. What conditions are those?