Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Was originally serviced dissolution of Marriage 05/25/2017…

was originally serviced dissolution of...
was originally serviced dissolution of Marriage 05/25/2017
my husband filed declaration service of preliminary dec of disclosure
on 06/06/2017....MY HUBAND FILED service of prelim & final dec of disclosure
declaration -income and expence
dec-community & Quasi-comm property
req- enter defaultfl 165 ( proof of service)
dec Sep property .
These were all signed by both of us on 07/19/,2017
When will the divorce be final? and since i am the PETITION
can i stop the divorce??????
10/5/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What state? Everything has been signed and filed in July 2017?

california

Thank you for your reply.

Under CA rules it takes a minimum of 6 months from the time the divorce was filed until the court issues the final order of dissolution. So once you file you have to wait 6 months for the court to enter a ruling finally dissolving the marriage, at the minimum and that may be a bit longer depending on how busy the court is.

If your husband filed a response in the divorce, even though you are petitioner, you cannot dismiss the action without your husband's agreement. It would have to be a joint dismissal of the divorce action or you would have to go to court and file a motion to voluntarily withdraw action and prove good cause to why it should be dismissed and if your husband objects to dismissal the court cannot dismiss.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

WOULD IT BE 6 MONTHS FROM MAY 25TH OR JULY 17TH

Thank you for your reply.

It would be 6 months from the date you filed everything and it was answered. So if everything was filed back in May (he just filed financials in July) it should be 6 months from May.